Terms & Policies
The services offered through this site are provided as-is and without warranty. We may discontinue service or cancel accounts at any time with or without reason.
All of the features of the site are driven by the users, not us. For all music files and photos that you upload and use the site to convert to ringtones or wallpaper, you represent and warrant that you own or have the right to upload and convert to ringtones or wallpaper such music files and photos.
You may not distribute the ringtones or wallpaper created by your use of the site. Any ringtones or wallpaper you create using the site are for your personal-use only and must only be transferred to one device that you control and own.
All uploaded content is retained for approximately 48-hours. Afterward, it is removed from our system and inaccessible. We are not responsible for data-loss.
If you are not the account-holder of your mobile-phone plan, you must have their permission to use Mobile17. If you are under-18, this especially applies to you!
You must be age 13 or older to use the site.
By accessing this web site, you are agreeing to be bound by these web site Terms and Conditions of Use and agreeing to be responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this site. The materials contained in this web site are protected by applicable copyright and trade mark law.
2. Use License
- Permission is granted to access Mobile17, Inc.'s web site for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only and use of features provided on the site for registered users (such as conversion of user provided content for use on mobile phones). You may not:
- modify or copy the materials or software on the site;
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial);
- attempt to decompile or reverse engineer any software contained on Mobile17, Inc.'s web site;
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or "mirror" the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Mobile17, Inc. at any time
- The materials on and features of the Mobile17, Inc.'s web site, including any ringtones or wallpaper generated by the site, are provided "as is". Mobile17, Inc. makes no warranties, express or implied, and hereby disclaims all implied warranties, including without limitation, warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Mobile17, Inc. does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the ringtones or wallpaper generated by a user using the web site.
- The website may periodically be unavailable due to maintenance. Mobile17 makes no warranties as to up time or continued availability of its website. Payment of a fee to Mobile17 for preferred access to the website is no guarantee of availability and Mobile17 shall not be obligated to refund any such fees should the website be unavailable for certain periods due to maintenance or be discontinued.
In no event shall Mobile17, Inc. or its suppliers be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data or profit, or due to business interruption,) arising out of the use or inability to use the materials on Mobile17, Inc.'s web site or the use or inability to use ringtones or wallpaper generated by a user using this website, even if Mobile17, Inc. or a Mobile17, Inc. authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
Mobile17, Inc. has not reviewed all of the sites linked to its Internet web site and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked site. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Mobile17, Inc. of the site. Use of any such linked web site is at the user's own risk.
7. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Mobile17, Inc.'s web site shall be governed by the laws of the State of Massachusetts without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
8. Your Mobile-Phone Bill
If you elect to have any ringtones or wallpaper that you have generated using the site emailed or sent electronically to a mobile phone or other device or electronic address, then you shall be responsible for any fees that your service provider charges for delivery of such content to your mobile phone or other device or electronic address.
Mobile17 cannot be held responsible for any charges you receive from our advertisers or partners. These charges do not come from our website, but from the advertisements you may choose to click on throughout our website. These advertisements take you to third-party websites with third-party offers that Mobile17 does not control or profit from.
What kind of data we collect:
When you register as a user of the site we require that you provide certain personally identifiable information, such as your name, cell phone number, email address, age, cell phone model, user name for site, and, if you register as a preferred user, credit card information.
We store this information on our computer servers and in “cookies” on your computer. Cookies are required to use the website. A cookie is a small data file, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier that is sent to your browser from a web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Mobile17’s website uses two types of cookies: Session Cookies, and Persistent Cookies. Session Cookies are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the Website. Session cookies do no store any personally identifying information, only a unique visitor ID number that we can use to customize the functionality of the website for you. Persistent Cookies remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer, even after you leave the website. Persistent cookies do no store any personally identifying information, only preferences that should persist from visit to visit, like "Remember Me".
What we do with the data we collect:
We never share/sell email addresses or telephone numbers. We will never send SPAM to you, or your mobile-phone, either.
- We will collect and use personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling purposes specified by this Policy and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.